Indirect Clean Steam Generator
A clean steam generator is a type of boiler that converts water into hot steam vapor, and is used in pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities for SIP and CIP processes. Indirect clean steam generators use existing “house steam” energy to convert purified water into clean steam. These generators offer the same functionality and ease of use as all-electric steam generators, but save energy by using steam that is already produced in a facility.
At Electro-Steam, we provide indirect steam generators that provide a consistently reliable and energy-efficient source of steam. Learn more about how units operate, their benefits, and how to order the right indirect steam generator for your facility.
Indirect Steam Generator Process
Our indirect steam generators use steam previously generated by large-scale, on-site boilers, typically called house steam, to produce clean steam from water purified by reverse-osmosis (RO) and deionization (DI). This allows facilities to operate with greater energy efficiency by repurposing existing steam to produce cleaner steam for specialty tasks and manufacturing. Not only does this process minimize the use of electricity, but your facility won’t let generated steam go to waste.
At Electro-Steam, we design and develop indirect steam generators with these specifications and features:
- Pressure Capabilities: Different generator units can handle pressure levels ranging from 0 to 150 psi.
- Electric Capabilities: Our units include a 120VAC-15 amp control circuit. This circuit automatically manages fluctuations in water levels in the generator, steam input, and steam output, as well as pressure levels throughout the process.
- Output Capabilities: Units within our indirect steam generator product line can produce steam flows between 138 and 828 pounds of steam per hour.
Benefits of Indirect Steam Generators
Some of the key benefits of indirect steam generators include:
- Integration: Indirect steam generators can be integrated within existing steam systems to generate indirect, clean steam.
- Smaller size than steam boilers: Indirect steam generators are compact and have a small footprint.
- Versatility: Indirect steam generators can be used to meet on-demand requirements and fluctuating needs for dry steam.
- Clean steam: Our indirect steam generators convert clean DI and RO water into steam that meets AAMI ST79 steam quality standards. The clean steam can also be condensed to comply with USP standards.
- Energy efficiency: Indirect steam generators use previously generated steam to power the steam generation process, reducing operating costs.
- Flexible construction designs: Our units can be mounted on skids and can have custom control and instrument options.
Indirect steam generators provide a reliable source of both on-demand and consistent clean steam for use throughout commercial and industrial processes. Some of the most common applications for indirect steam generators include:
- Sterilization processes for pharmaceutical and medical applications
- Dry steam cleaning
- Food processing, including the production of beverages, baked goods, and other food products
- Packaging system applications
Choose a Steam Generator From Electro-Steam
Electro-Steam has been designing and building high-quality steam generation equipment for seventy years. We specialize in electric-fired boilers and steam generators that have a 98% efficiency rate, are made in the United States, and are built with reliability and safety in mind. Contact us today to learn more about our capabilities or to order the right indirect steam generator for your facility’s needs.